Four-Year Graduation Guarantee
Designed to Help You Complete Your Degree As Quickly As Possible
- Avoid paying for a 5th and 6th year, lowering your overall cost of attending college.
- Get an early start on your career or admission into graduate school.
The four-year guarantee for graduation relies on a mutual commitment from you, to follow a list of guidelines, and from us to ensure that required courses or acceptable alternatives are available
To be eligible:
- Make sure you meet high school course requirements for UNL enrollment.
- Select a course of study that’s intended for completion in four years. Check with your admission counselor to determine if your major qualifies.
- Select your major early, and stay with that major throughout your academic career.
Then, you do your part by:
- Working closely with your academic advisor.
- Signing up early for classes during each semester’s pre-registration period.
- Registering for and completing 15-18 credit hours per semester.
- Working at a job fewer than 20 hours per week.
- Notifying the department chair right away when a required course is not available.
And we’ll do ours by:
- Developing a four-year plan that will help keep you on track.
- Guaranteed enrollment in courses that permit graduation in four years.
- Providing acceptable course alternatives or substitutions if it’s not possible to register for a required course.
Working together, we make great things happen. Contact your admission counselor to see if you qualify.