Theatre (Performance)Hixson-Lied College of Fine and Performing Arts
What you will learn
This emphasis offers comprehensive actor training through a core of 8 different acting courses, which move from basic process work to detailed exploration of specific technical and stylistic demands.
The emphasis also offers up to 4 semesters each of voice and speech training, and movement training.
Students are prepared for careers in acting and related activities.
The NEBRASKA difference
Our specialized programs are based on a commitment to detailed, pre-professional training and experience for the dedicated student.
Beyond serving majors, our undergraduate programs in Theatre Arts offer university students many different ways to study and enjoy theatre and film.
We welcome all students to attend, audition for roles and participate in our productions.
Internships / Clubs
Notable clubs and internships include:
- NET Television Internships
- Outpost 12 Studios
- Nebraska Masquers (student theatre organization)
Alumni / Faculty
- James Baffico (BA, 1967, MA 1969)
- director (Days of Our Lives, All My Children)
- producer (Another World)
- actor (Law & Order, Law & Order: Criminal Intent, All the Right Moves)
- Crystal Craft
- stage manager (General Hospital)
- actress (Strangers Online, The Awakening of Gabriella)
- Jim Hanna (BFA, 1991)
- actor (NCIS: Los Angeles, Hot in Cleveland, Lie to Me, Cougar Town, Bones, The New Adventures of Old Christine, Gilmore Girls, Malcolm in the Middle, Crave, Fallen Star, War of the Worlds, North Beach)
- Abby Miller (BA, 2002)
- actress (Justified, Private Practice, Mad Men, In the Motherhood, Dollhouse, The Nine, Veronica Mars, Cavemen, Gilmore Girls, Fuzz Track City, One Too Many Mornings, The Big Production, Magnus, Inc., Musical CD's: Jen & Abby: cannot rearrange)
Facilities feature 4 production spaces (including a sound stage) and enviable classroom and shop areas offering one of the finest centers of theatrical training in the Midwest.