Theatre (Directing and Management)Hixson-Lied College of Fine and Performing Arts
What you will learn
This emphasis provides comprehensive training and practical experience in directing, stage management and theatre management.
It shares a common core with our performance program for the first 3 semesters, offering:
- fundamental training in design
Specialized classes follow in:
- stage management
- theatre management
- beginning and advanced directing
The culmination of the emphasis is 4 mentored projects in the student's area of specialty or a combination of projects in several areas.
Students who complete this degree program are prepared for careers in stage and screen directing and management.
The NEBRASKA difference
Our specialized programs are based on a commitment to detailed, pre-professional training and experience for the dedicated student.
Beyond serving majors, our undergraduate programs in Theatre Arts offer university students many different ways to study and enjoy theatre and film.
We welcome all students to attend, audition for roles and participate in our productions.
Internships / Clubs
Alumni / Faculty
- James Baffico (BA, 1967, MA, 1969):
- director (Days of Our Lives, All My Children)
- producer (Another World)
- actor (Law & Order, Law & Order: Criminal Intent, All the Right Moves)
- Crystal Craft
- stage manager (General Hospital)
- actress (Strangers Online, The Awakening of Gabriella)
- David Duffy (BFA, 1988):
- Creative Director, Disney Cruise Line Entertainment, and Associate Artistic Director, Walt Disney Entertainment
- previously Show Director, Walt Disney Entertainment, and Park Show Director, Disney's Animal Kingdom, Walt Disney World
- Amy Rafa (MFA, 2000)
- Manager, Human Resources and Administrative Services, Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts
Facilities feature four production spaces (including a sound stage) and enviable classroom and shop areas offering one of the finest centers of theatrical training in the Midwest.