Education Abroad & Service Learning
Go big places
Study, intern, research, or do a service learning project in more than 50 countries and 140 universities world-wide.
At NEBRASKA, there is a program for any major or interest so we encourage you to take advantage of this excellent opportunity. The academic and personal growth you gain as a result will only benefit your time on campus and after graduation.
The Education Abroad program is so highly regarded that each year, dozens of students from other U.S. colleges and universities utilize our programs to study abroad.
- Earn credit toward your degree
- Immerse yourself in another culture/language
- Build your résumé
- Maintain UNL status and use Federal Aid
The Big Event is a one-day service event bringing UNL students, faculty, and staff together to meet the needs of the larger Lincoln community to say "Thanks" for the continual support of UNL. The Big Event is held in late March or early April each year.
At the University of Nebraska–Lincoln, more than 2,500 students, faculty and staff are expected to volunteer and give thanks to Lincoln this spring as a part of The Big Event.
At the Center for Civic Engagement, students will:
- Find information about programs that help students change the world.
- Find opportunities for learning through service, leadership, and action.
- Form partnerships with others interested in improving community quality of life.