Apply & Deposit
Requirements By Student Type
Select your student type for information about specific application requirements.
- (Domestic) Freshman / Transfer
- (International) Freshman / Transfer
- (Domestic) Visiting (part-time, non-degree-seeking)
- (International) Exchange/Visiting
- Certificate Program
- Intensive English Program
Any application received after the deadline will be placed on the wait-list. Priority admission will be granted to wait-listed candidates who meet our assured admission requirements.
Please note there is no guarantee of admission for wait-list applicants.
Once you have received notification of admission to the University of Nebraska‒Lincoln, you will be directed to pay the enrollment deposit in order finalize your admission and secure your space in the incoming class.
Deadlines for payment of the $250 enrollment deposit:
- Spring deposit deadline: December 1
- Fall/Summer deposit deadline: May 1
This fee is applied directly towards student orientation and new student programs.
Deferment & Refund
Review criteria to be considered for a deferment or refund of the enrollment deposit.