What is MyRed?
- View application status and missing application materials
- Apply to the University Honors Program and Raikes School
- Submit the informal personal statement for scholarships
- Pay the freshmen enrollment deposit
- Submit a housing contract
- Register for New Student Enrollment
- and more!
When can I start to access MyRED
MyRED is available for applicants shortly after you apply for admission.
You will receive 2 email notifications:
- one with your NUID
- one with your temporary TrueYou password
Use these to set up permanent TrueYou credentials at http://trueyou.nebraska.edu
What is TrueYou?
TrueYou is a system that helps you maintain a single password and NU ID across many systems at many institutions in Nebraska. Participating institutions include: UNL, UNK, UNO, UNMC, Chadron State College, Peru State College, and Wayne State College.
If you are an applicant to one or more of the institutions above, your NU ID and password for each campus will be the same.
How do I get my TrueYou password?
If you have applied to UNL within the past few days, you will receive two emails:
- Email 1: Confirms the receipt of your application and provides you with your NUID
- Email 2: Provides you with your temporary TrueYou password
Indicates that you already have a TrueYou password
Your NUID was sent to you shortly after you applied.
If you need additional assistance, please contact the UNL Help Desk at: 402-472-3970.
How do I access MyRED?
STEP 1: Setup your TrueYou Password
TrueYou is a statewide password clearinghouse. Your NUID and TrueYou password will gain you access to MyRED.
Use your NU ID and temporary password (that was sent to your email address at the time you applied) and visit http://trueyou.nebraska.edu to create a new password.
NOTE: Your temporary TrueYou password cannot be used to login to MyRED.
If you no longer have your temporary password, call the UNL Help Desk at: 402-472-3970
STEP 2: Access MyRED
Once you have set up your TrueYou password, use your NU ID and your new TrueYou password to gain access to MyRED.
NOTE: Temporary TrueYou passwords will not allow you to access MyRED.
How-to's Using MyRed
Pay the enrollment deposit
- From the menu on the page select the 'Enrollment Deposit' link.
- Click on the 'Enrollment Deposit Payment' button.
- Enter your credit card information and click 'Continue.'
- Add your CSC code and billing information and click 'I authorize this transaction.'
- Confirm your information by clicking 'Submit Transaction for Processing.'
Checking your application status
From the left menu in MyRED, click on the links in the order below:
- UNL Admissions > Undergraduate > Application Status
Document Status Descriptions
Below is a summary of the document statuses that may appear on MyRED on Undergraduate Application Status (see screen shot example below):
|Need document when available||Document is not required for admissions, but will be required no later than the start of your first term at UNL.|
|Final document needed after completion/graduation||UNL has a transcript that has in progress work on it. This document is complete for admission, but a final transcript with grades will be required at the start of your first term at UNL. Final High School transcripts must arrive with a high school graduation date.|
|Need document||Your application is incomplete. We must receive this document prior to evaluating your application for admission.|
NOTE: To be considered official, all high school and college transcripts must arrive in sealed envelopes or may be transmitted via Docufide.