Welcome Veterans, Active Duty and Military Dependents
We are committed to meeting your needs as you transition to the University of Nebraska.
Stay Informed On Information for On-campus Military Students: when you sign up to receive emails, you'll receive invites for special visit campus days and information that could help if you plan to take classes on campus.
Degree and Course Options
Immerse yourself in a vibrant, always-on-the-move campus nestled in a safe city, filled with classmates, professors and a community of helpful neighbors. It's the only way to experience college. Or is it?
We know it's not always an option to attend class on a traditional campus. That's when we come to you through our online degree programs.
Contact us to get started:
Please review the list of UNL admission requirements before applying. Some requirements to consider include:
- Allow plenty of time to review inquiries regarding admission and transfer credit issues prior to submitting an application
- If you've completed a GED or are missing high
school requirements we encourage you to contact us so we can come up with a plan for you to achieve your educational goals
- If you have earned
college credit, you will need to have a 2.0 cumulative GPA and a 2.0 in your last
semester of attendance
- Anyone with military experience, veteran, retiree or reserve will need to submit a copy of their military transcript
Once you're ready to apply for admission, start by selecting the transfer student application.
Application Fee Waiver for Military Personnel
During the application process you will have the opportunity to waive the $45 application fee based on your military status. The waiver only applies to service members, NOT spouses or dependents. Military status can be determined with the following forms:
- Notice of Basic Eligibility (NOBE)
- Military Orders
- Joint Services Transcript
- Community College of the AirForce Transcript