One business day after you are admitted you will be able to register for classes.
How to Register
After You're Admitted
Welcome aboard! We're happy to have you. Here are your next steps after being admitted as a NEBRASKA Now student.
1. As a NEBRASKA Now student, you are considered a "visiting student" at UNL, which means you do not intend to earn a degree from UNL (yet).
2. You will receive an email letting you know you're admitted. This email will tell you how to set up your MyRed account and claim your NUID (you need both to register for classes).
3. One business day after you are admitted you will be able to register for classes. Here's how:
- Log in to MyRed.
- Click the "Enrollment" tab at the top.
- Select the term for which you've been admitted.
- Click the blue "Enroll in Classes" button.
- On this page (and this page only) you will find NEBRASKA Now classes.
- Use the 4-5 digit codes for each class to sign up.
Important: choose the 800 section for online classes or the 801 section for in-person classes. ALL other sections will cause you to be billed for full tuition (not the $250 flat rate for NEBRASKA Now students).
- Once you've selected your classes, click the blue "Proceed to Enrollment Checkout" button.
- You will receive confirmation that the classes were added to your schedule soon after.
Students who take on-campus NEBRASKA Now courses need to submit immunization records.
Parking and Transportation to Campus
4. Log Into Blackboard. Once you're registered for classes, they will appear in Blackboard, which will be your hub of information and communication with your professor and fellow classmates.
If you have questions, contact Kurt Mueller in the Office of Admissions.
If you need help with any of the registration steps for NEBRASKA Now, contact Kurt at email@example.com or 402-472-6196. He's your guy if you need advice for adjusting to college level work, how navigate Blackboard, and anything else you might need to be your best.