The leadership and communications minor provides an overview of the critical areas of communications and interpersonal skills in six courses (18 hours):
- All courses are online.
- Courses follow the same schedule as on-campus/classroom courses, including final exam week.
- Textbooks or materials for courses are available through the University Bookstore.
- Some of the courses fulfill NEBRASKA ACE requirements. You should consult with your university advisor to verify courses needed for your degree program.
- Some online courses require on-campus testing on specific dates. Off-campus students may need to secure a proctor for testing in these courses.
- For university degree-seeking students: there is no limit to the number of online courses you can take per semester. However, you should consult with your major advisor before enrolling.
- For visiting students: there are limits to the number of online courses you can take per semester. Please review the information at Admissions on Visiting Student requirements and limitations.
Please check with Registration & Financial Aid offices to ensure:
- Courses count toward your financial aid (e.g., scholarships, grants, loans, etc.).
- Courses apply toward full- or part-time enrollment status for insurance and financial aid purposes.
Required Courses (18 Credit Hours)
Complete the 3 courses: (9 credit hours)
ALEC 102 Interpersonal Skills for Leadership (meets ACE 2 requirement) (3 credit hours)
ALEC 202 Leadership Development in Small Groups and Teams (3 credit hours)
ALEC 302 Effective Leadership in Organizations (3 credit hours)
Complete 3 additional courses chosen from the following: (9 credit hours)
ALEC 337 Instructional Internship in Leadership Development (3 credit hours)
For students who have taken ALEC 102 AND who have been selected as teaching assistants.
ALEC 407 Supervisory Leadership (3 credit hours)
ALEC 410 Environmental Leadership (3 credit hours)
ALEC 414 Class Figures in Leadership (3 credit hours)
ALEC 466 Leadership and Diversity (3 credit hours)
ALEC 477 Leadership and Motivation (3 credit hours)