One business day after you are admitted you will be able to register for classes.
How to Register
After You're Admitted
Welcome aboard! We're happy to have you. Here are your next steps after being admitted as a Nebraska Now student.
1. As a Nebraska Now student, you are considered a "visiting student" at the University of Nebraska–Lincoln,
which means you do not intend to earn a degree from the university (yet).
2. You will receive an email letting you know you're admitted. This email will tell you how to set up your MyRed account
and claim your NUID (you need both to register for classes).
3. One business day after you are admitted you will be able to register for classes. Here's how:
- Log in to MyRed.
- Click the "Enrollment" tab at the top.
- Select the term for which you've been admitted.
- Click the blue "Enroll in Classes" button.
- On this page (and this page only) you will find Nebraska Now classes.
- Either use the search function to find Nebraska Now classes (see below) or use the 4-5 digit codes for each class to sign up.
Important: choose the 800 section for online classes or the 801 section for in-person classes. ALL other
sections will cause you to be billed for full tuition (not the $250 flat rate for Nebraska Now students).
- Once you've selected your classes, click the blue "Proceed to Enrollment Checkout" button.
- You will receive confirmation that the classes were added to your schedule soon after.
To search for Nebraska Now classes in MyRED select the "Advanced Search" option after you click "Enroll in Classes."
- To see all available Nebraska Now classes, select the "Nebraska Now" option under Class Attribute and click "Search."
- To search for only in-person Nebraska Now classes, select the "Nebraska Now In Person Class"
option under Mode of Instruction and click "Search."
- To search for only online Nebraska Now classes, select the "Nebraska Now Online Class" option
under Mode of Instruction and click "Search."
- To search for Nebraska Now classes that also satisfy an ACE requirement, choose "Ace Requirements"
under Class Attribute and select which ACE requirements you'd like to search for. Then, select either
"Nebraska Now In Person Class" or "Nebraska Now Online Class" under Mode of Instruction and click "Search."
- To filter the search so it only shows classes that are still open for registration, check the "Open Classes"
box underneath Class Start Time before you click "Search".
Students who take on-campus Nebraska Now courses need to submit immunization records.
Parking and Transportation to Campus
4. Log Into Blackboard. Once you're registered for classes, they will appear in Blackboard, which will be your hub of information
and communication with your professor and fellow classmates.
If you have questions, contact Ellen Sundermeier in the Office of Admissions.
If you need help with any of the registration steps for Nebraska Now, contact Ellen
at email@example.com or 402-472-6196.
She's here to help if you need advice on how to adjust to college level work, navigate Blackboard/Canvas, and
anything else you might need to be your best.