Transfer Husker Salute Pledge

Available to:
  • Out-of-State
  • Transfer

A tuition pledge to offset the cost of tuition for out-of-state students in recognition of a student or family military connection who has demonstrated their ability to succeed at Nebraska. The pledge is a waiver of the undergraduate out-of-state portion of tuition, providing out-of-state students the same net tuition as Nebraska residents.


Waiver of Nonresident Portion of Tuition (estimated at $17,730)

Recipients are awarded approximately $17,730 toward UNL’s undergraduate out-of-state portion of tuition for the academic year for up three or four years, including summers. Any student transferring with less than 52 credits is eligible for 4 years and any student transferring with more than 52 credits is eligible for 3 years. Confirmation of military affiliation via DD Form 214, current military orders, valid military ID card, ROTC participation or a copy of VA Education Benefits Certificate of Eligibility letter required.


  • Priority: November 1
  • Final: May 15

Spring Admits

  • Priority: October 1
  • Final: December 1

How to Apply

  1. Apply for admission by May 15 (fall) or December 1 (spring).
  2. Submit your college transcripts in MyRED.
  3. Submit your Enrollment Deposit in MyRED by May 15 (fall) or December 1 (spring).

Review Basis

Husker Salute Scholars selection is based on military connection and a balanced objective assessment of competitive academic achievement, including a good transfer grade point average with a subjective final academic review.


Students must maintain a 2.000 cumulative GPA and complete 24 credit hours each academic year (fall/spring). View full eligibility and renewal policies.


This scholarship is offered by the University of Nebraska–Lincoln. The scholarship is not transferable in part or in whole to any other university or campus, including the University of Nebraska at Omaha (UNO), the University of Nebraska at Kearney (UNK) or the University of Nebraska Medical Center (UNMC). This scholarship will not cover the cost of tuition for classes taken at UNO, UNK or UNMC.

Note: The University of Nebraska does not discriminate based upon any protected status. Scholarships are subject to change each year for new incoming students. As a public tuition benefit under Nebraska State Statute 4-110, individuals awarded these funds must be citizens of the United States or if a qualified alien have been verified as lawfully present in the United States (Nebraska State Statutes 4-111 and 4-112).

We're Here to Help

Husker Hub Student Services Center

Husker Hub is Nebraska's "one stop" for you to get assistance with the FAFSA Form, scholarships, grants, loans and more. Our Husker Hub full-time student services specialists are available remotely Monday-Friday through a Virtual Queue to help answer all of your questions about paying for college.