You’re a Husker. You have the passion and energy it takes to represent the University of Nebraska. You chose UNL and we want you to share your story. Come join the Campus Visits Team and give tours to prospective students and families.
The Campus Host come from different states, backgrounds, and from around the world. We represent a number of colleges. Some of us are first-generation college students, while others come from a family legacy of Huskers. The one thing we all share in common is a genuine passion for sharing our Nebraska pride with future Huskers!
The Office of Admissions seeks undergraduate students with leadership experience to impact future enrollment at Nebraska. As a tour guide, you will host prospective students and families visiting campus, lead school & community group tours, and highlight the amazing academic opportunities and vibrant student life at UNL. This is a paid student position.
- Deliver informed 90-minute walking tours of campus to prospective students and their families in various weather conditions
- Provide a warm and hospitable Husker welcome to each Nebraska visitor
- Participate in recruiting and diversity events
- Serve as speakers for Student Panels at a variety of admissions events
- Develop relationships with Office of Admissions professional staff
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively as a team, and be flexible with responsibilities
- Enthusiasm for UNL-- Share your knowledge, passion, and why you chose Nebraska with all guests
- Willingness to speak in front of visitors and large groups with enthusiasm
- Ability to answer questions about UNL, student life, and the admissions process in a professional, positive manner
- Experience with on campus living is a plus
- Bilingual speakers are strongly encouraged to apply
- Knowledge of East Campus & Innovation Campus programs and services is a plus in addition to knowledge of City Campus
Start Date: January 2024
Tour guides must be available to work at least two shifts a week and attend occasional meetings. Thorough training will be provided to all students who are hired for this position.
Fall and Spring Semester Shift Times:
Monday and Friday - 9:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m., 11:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m., 1:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday - 9:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m., 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m., 1:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.