You’re a Husker. You have the passion and energy it takes to represent the University of Nebraska. You chose UNL and we want you to share your story.
The students who make up the Campus Visits team come from different states, backgrounds, and from around the world. We represent a number of colleges. Some of us are first-generation college students, while others come from a family legacy of Huskers. The one thing we all share in common is a genuine passion for sharing our Nebraska pride with future Huskers!
Walk backward, lead forward. The Office of Admissions seeks undergraduate students with leadership experience to impact future enrollment at Nebraska. As a tour guide, you will host prospective students and families visiting campus, lead school & community group tours, and highlight the amazing academic opportunities and vibrant student life at UNL.
- Deliver informed 90-minute walking tours of campus to prospective students and their families in various weather conditions
- Provide a warm and hospitable Husker welcome to each Nebraska visitor
- Participate in Red & White Days, Red Letter Days, Symposiums, and other recruiting and diversity events
- Serve as panelists discussing student life and the academic experience at Nebraska
- Develop relationships with Office of Admissions professional staff
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively as a team, and be flexible with responsibilities
- Enthusiasm for UNL-- Share your knowledge, passion, and why you chose Nebraska
- Willingness to speak in front of visitors and large groups
- Ability to answer questions about the university, student life, and admissions process in a professional, positive manner
- Be committed to college access and student success
- Experience with on campus living is a plus
- Bilingual speakers are strongly encouraged to apply
- Knowledge of East Campus & Innovation Campus programs and services is a plus in addition to knowledge of City Campus
Tour guides must be available to work at least one the following shifts (approx. 3-8 hours) Monday through Friday and attend bi-weekly meetings. Availability beginning Summer/Fall 2019.
8:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.
10:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
12:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
2:30 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
There are also occasional Saturday and special event opportunities that tour guides will be asked to provide assistance.