Husker Salute Pledge

Husker Salute Pledge

Scenic view of the service memorial wall at night

Nebraska Welcomes
Military-Connected Students

The Husker Salute Pledge demonstrates Nebraska’s commitment to the military family community by waiving the out-of-state portion of tuition. Nebraska offers an in-state tuition rate for out-of-state undergraduate first-year and transfer military-connected members and military spouse or dependents, including out-of-state students who join one of Nebraska's ROTC programs (Army, Navy/Marine Corps, Air Force).

Do I Qualify?

You must meet all four qualifications to have the nonresident portion of tuition waived through the Husker Salute Pledge.

Military Connected

Veterans, Active Duty, National Guard, Reserve, ROTC, military spouse or dependent

Out-of-State Resident

Registered Full-Time

First-Year or Transfer Undergraduate Student
Minimum of 12 credit hours per semester

Maintain a 2.0 GPA at Nebraska

A small American flag staked into the grass

How to be Considered for the Husker Salute Pledge

Eligible students can begin taking the first steps to being considered for the Husker Salute Pledge.

  1. Find a Major
  2. Apply to Nebraska
  3. Include your military affiliation on your application for admission.
  4. Upload a copy of your military documentation in Nebraska's online student portal, MyRED upon request (e.g., DD Form 214, current military orders, valid military ID card, VA Education Benefits Certificate of Eligibility letter).

Upon admission to the university, you are automatically considered for the Husker Salute Pledge program.

What the Husker Salute Pledge Covers

Recipients are awarded approximately $18,000 toward the University of Nebraska–Lincoln‘s undergraduate nonresident portion of tuition for the academic year. First-year students can be awarded up to five years. Transfer students with more than 52 credits are eligible for 3 years, and those with less than 52 credits are eligible for 4 years.


This scholarship is offered by the University of Nebraska–Lincoln. The scholarship is not transferable in part or in whole to any other university or campus, including the University of Nebraska at Omaha (UNO), the University of Nebraska at Kearney (UNK) or the University of Nebraska Medical Center (UNMC). This scholarship will not cover the cost of tuition for classes taken at UNO, UNK or UNMC.

The University of Nebraska does not discriminate based upon any protected status. Scholarships are subject to change each year for new incoming students. As a public tuition benefit under Nebraska State Statute 4-110, individuals awarded these funds must be citizens of the United States or if a qualified alien have been verified as lawfully present in the United States (Nebraska State Statutes 4-111 and 4-112).

We're Here to Help

Husker Salute Pledge


Admission Process


Military & Veteran
Success Center


Move Your Future Forward

We can’t wait for you to join the Husker community—take your next step to Nebraska today.