Nebraska Emerging Leaders Scholarship
Awarded to students identified as emerging leaders through the Diversity Leadership Symposia, First Generation Symposia,
Native Leadership Symposium, and/or Nebraska Achievement Banquet.
How to Apply
- Apply and be admitted to the University of Nebraska–Lincoln no later than January 15.
- Be nominated by a school counselor or community leader to attend one of our diversity programs such as but not
limited to: the Diversity Leadership Symposia, DREAM Big Academy, the First Generation Symposium, Native Leadership
Symposium, and/or a Nebraska Achievement Banquet. Anyone that attends these events will be considered.
Students can attend at any time during their high school career to be eligible.
- Students must meet academic requirements as determined by a scholarship committee.
- Take the ACT or SAT on or before the December national test dates of senior year.
- File FAFSA no later than April 1 June 1, 2020 (Due to the impact of COVID-19, UNL has extended the deadline to June 1). Financial Need is not required but all students must complete the FAFSA to finalize the award.
This scholarship is only available to residents of Nebraska.
This scholarship is renewable for up to four academic years.
The Emerging Leaders program for first year students is designed to:
- Support their transition to the university
- Connect them to campus leaders and networks
- Hone their leadership and diversity skills
All Emerging Leader scholars will be enrolled in a weekly zero-credit course that meets Fridays from 2:30-3:30 pm during the fall semester.
Each week the class will spotlight campus leaders, including faculty, staff, and current students, to explore diversity and leadership skills, resources, and opportunities.
In addition, students will have access to staff to support their individual success, through academic coaching, financial aid counseling, and peer mentoring.