Nebraska Achievement Community College Tuition Scholarship

Available to:
  • In-State
  • Transfer

Awarded to Nebraska community college transfer students who have demonstrated financial need and high academic potential.


Recipients are awarded $1,000 toward University of Nebraska–Lincoln undergraduate tuition for up to two academic years (fall/spring), excluding summer.


  • Fall: March 1
  • Spring: October 1

How to Apply

  1. Apply for admission by March 1 (fall) or October 1 (spring).
  2. File the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at FAFSA.
  3. Submit your college transcripts in MyRED.
  4. Submit your Enrollment Deposit in MyRED by May 15 for fall admits and December 1 for spring admits.

Review Basis

Nebraska Achievement Community College Tuition Scholars demonstrate financial need and high academic potential. Selection is based on completion of over 75% of your coursework at a Nebraska community college (or NCTA), a cumulative transfer college GPA of at least 3.000, and completion of at least 30 credit hours from a Nebraska community college, or NCTA (of which 15 credits must be accepted toward your Nebraska degree requirements at the time of application). Final determination is based on a holistic review that includes a balanced objective assessment of competitive academic achievement with a subjective final academic review.


Renewable for one year, students must maintain a 2.500 cumulative GPA and complete 24 credit hours for the academic year (fall/spring). View full eligibility and renewal policies.


This scholarship is offered by the University of Nebraska–Lincoln. The scholarship is not transferable in part or in whole to any other university or campus, including the University of Nebraska at Omaha (UNO), the University of Nebraska at Kearney (UNK) or the University of Nebraska Medical Center (UNMC). This scholarship will not cover the cost of tuition for classes taken at UNO, UNK or UNMC.

Note: The University of Nebraska does not discriminate based upon any protected status. Scholarships are subject to change each year for new incoming students. As a public tuition benefit under Nebraska State Statute 4-110, individuals awarded these funds must be citizens of the United States or if a qualified alien have been verified as lawfully present in the United States (Nebraska State Statutes 4-111 and 4-112).

We're Here to Help

Husker Hub Student Services Center

Husker Hub is Nebraska's "one stop" for you to get assistance with the FAFSA Form, scholarships, grants, loans and more. Our Husker Hub full-time student services specialists are available remotely Monday-Friday through a Virtual Queue to help answer all of your questions about paying for college.