You may register for Nebraska Now courses one business day after you are officially admitted to the program.
In the Nebraska Now program, you can take up to 6 credit hours per semester for a flat rate of $330 per class.
All Nebraska Now courses are offered online unless specifically noted as on-campus. If you wish to take a course on campus, you will need to submit immunization records to the University Health Center. View the Parking and Transportation page for campus parking rules and procedures.
Applying to Nebraska Now
We are excited you're interested in becoming a Nebraska Now student! If you are not yet admitted, please visit the How to Apply page for a list of admission requirements and detailed instructions for the application process. Once you are admitted, you may proceed with registering for courses.
Registering for Courses in MyRED
- Log in to MyRED.
- Navigate to the "Enrollment" tab at the top, and select "Search for Classes" in the drop-down menu.
- Select the term for which you've been admitted.
- Use the search function to find Nebraska Now courses by title or class code. You can view a full list of available courses on the Nebraska Now Courses page.
To view a list of all Nebraska Now courses, select "Nebraska Now" under "Class Attribute."
To search for Nebraska Now classes that also satisfy a specific ACE requirement, choose an ACE category under "Class Attribute."
To filter the search for in-person or online courses, select "Mode of Instruction."
Make sure to also select "Open Classes."
- After finding the course you want, select "Add to Cart." Select the blue "Checkout" button if you are done, or "Back to Search" if you would like to add another class.
- Check the box next to your course(s) and select the blue "Enroll in Selected" button. Wait for confirmation that your courses were added to your schedule.
Setting Up Your Canvas Classroom
Once you're registered for Nebraska Now classes, they will appear in Canvas, which is the university's academic portal. Canvas will be your hub of information and communication with your professor and fellow classmates. For most of your courses, you will submit assignments and access course content via Canvas. You should receive an email a few weeks before classes begin with your username and instructions on how to log in for the first time.Log in to Canvas
- Log in to MyRED.
- Navigate to the "Enrollment" tab at the top and select "Textbook Online Ordering" to view the books needed for your courses.
- Follow directions on the University Bookstore website to order your books.
You can have your books shipped right to you or pick them up in the University Bookstore at no extra cost. Prices will vary based on if you are buying or renting and if the material is new or used. If you're shopping around, keep in mind that the Bookstore offers a Price Match Program.Order Your Textbooks
Paying for Courses
The student bill will become available just before classes start. Students can view their bill in MyRED from the home page or by navigating to the "Student Accounts" tab. For payment questions, please contact Student Accounts at email@example.com or 402-472-2887.
- Fall: September 12
- Spring: February 12
As a Nebraska Now student, you'll have access to academic coaching services and resources for success. If you have questions about the registration process, adjusting to college-level work or just need a helping hand, contact the Nebraska Now team.